Friday, November 11, 2011

1980s Vintage Pink Evening Gown by Morton Myles for the Warrens

This gorgeous gown is truly a classic with a modern appeal and regal chic fit for royalty. It is impeccably tasteful and eludes confidence.
Mr. Morton Myles, who became well-known after the formal first lady Jackie Kennedy appeared on the cover of “Look” magazine in 1961 wearing one of his designed once said, “The only reason I designed clothes was to make women look beautiful, and I never designed outrageous things just to get my name into the press. My clothes flattered women, and made them look beautiful and new.” Thus, the unique details exemplified on this gown shows that Mr. Morton Myles indeed understood classic elegance. 

I adore the details of the plunging V-neckline, long sleeves, attached pleated waistband, and full-length faux wrap pencil skirt. The bright pink and sleek satin complements and enhances it features as well. However, the center front and placement of the large asymmetric bow are the most striking because they truly define and bring out this gown alluring sophistication.
Gown number three is a vintage size 16; therefore, it is actually modern day’s size 12 and includes other features such as shoulder pads, full silk lining, back zipper and hook and eye closure. How it appears in this photo is exactly what it looks like in actuality and yes, it is in excellent condition.  
PS. My shop is ‘on hold’ for two weeks, but I will continue to blog as usual.   If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please contact me through email at  thriftychicshop@yahoo.com.  
http://thriftychicshop.ecrater.com/p/13512057/1980s-vintage-evening-gown-by
Happy Holidays and thanks to all my loyal followers and daily visitors. I am so glad you stopped by.

No comments: