Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sheer Chic

I have a love affair with black. This beautiful color and timeless classic compliments my skin tone perfectly.  It also makes me feel sexy and elegant every time I wear it especially as formal attire. When I looked through my closest for an outfit to wear to a friend’s New Year’s Eve party, I stumbled upon two separate pieces, a sparkly sequin top and cocktail tulle skirt. Once I tried them on, I liked it right away because it looked simply stunning. 

I have had both pieces for over two years, and although I bought them at different times and places, I still got them at bargain prices. The sheer fitted sequin top is by The Limited. I paid less than ten dollars for it at a local thrift store. However, the embellished tulle skirt is a brand new Max Studio that I bought at Filene’s Basement for twenty-four dollars after it had been marked down from ninety-eight dollars. Oh, and the shoes I got for seventy-five percent off thirty dollars at Value City from their sales rack.








 
 





What I like most about my outfit is that I kept it very clean and simple including hair and make-up. My hair is styled into a chignon and smokey-eyes look applied in black charcoal pencil and shadow. I did not add accessories because I never like to look overdressed and by following the “less is more” advice, I can avoid making such mistakes. I think the rich black, shimmering sequin blouse and beautiful tiered, delicately gathered, embellished tulle skirt combine to create their own balance into a fabulous style, effortlessly.

No comments: